- This webinar has passed.
London Investment: Who will be on the first plane to London after COVID?
March 30 @ 10:30 am - 11:45 am
In partnership with Addleshaw Goddard, join React News editorial director James Buckley and a panel of leading industry insiders, as we explore overseas investors’ appetite for investing in London, how COVID has impacted sentiment and whether London will continue to retain its investment appeal.
The discussion will cover topics including:
• Is now a once-in-a-generation opportunity to invest in London real estate given the pricing discount relative to other major European cities?
• How highly does London rank in investment priorities for 2021 compared to the rest of Europe?
• How does the amount of capital allocated for London investment compare to previous years?
• Will London retain its status as the most attractive investment destination in Europe or are there any drivers that could threaten that position?
• Does the office sector remain an attractive investment prospect or has the pandemic prompted investors to look at other sectors?
Partner / Co-Head of Real Estate Sector, Addleshaw Goddard
Lee specialises in advising a range of property companies (both public and private), institutional investors and private equity real estate funds on complex corporate wrapped real estate transactions, including investments/ divestments, joint ventures and corporate restructurings as well as the associated management arrangements. Additionally, he supports managers of and investors in UK, pan-European and global investment funds operating across the real asset sectors. Lee’s work with fund managers covers advice on all aspects of fund formation and the establishment of fund management business as well as in relation to investors, advice on fund investments, co-investments and acquisitions/ disposals of portfolios of fund interests in the secondary market.
Head of Investment Europe, Union Investment
Partner - London Capital Markets, Cushman & Wakefield
Partner at ARA Venn, Commercial Real Estate
Chief Strategy Officer, Link Asset Management Limited
Head of Real Estate for Europe, Brookfield
Zach Vaughan is a Managing Partner in Brookfield’s Real Estate Group, responsible for Brookfield’s European real estate investments. In this role, he oversees all of Brookfield’s real estate activities, including investments, portfolio management and new fund formation in the region.
Mr. Vaughan joined Brookfield in 2012. Since joining, he has been involved in several M&A transactions including Thayer Lodging, CenterParcs, Gazeley, Student Roost, MPG Office Trust, Associated Estates and Interhotels. Mr. Vaughan is a director of Canary Wharf Group, CenterParcs, Student Roost and SACO. Before to relocating to London he was based in the United States and oversaw Brookfield’s North American multifamily investments and its operating company, Fairfield Residential.